Search This Blog

Friday, July 2, 2010

FRIDAY July 1, 2010

Love came down and rescued me, love came down and set me free.  Mountain high or valley low, I sing out and remind my soul that I am Yours, I am forever Yours; though the darkness hide me, I am FOREVER yours.  For all my days on this earth, I am Yours.  I belong and I am safe because I am Yours.  I am cuddled safe within Your Arms.  Circumstances really don’t matter, when it rains outside it doesn’t affect me because I am safe and hid inside the house.  The storms might come and the road might be steep, but I will lift my hands in Praise.  I will remind myself of the life that I have because of Jesus.  Staying desperate for You, O Lord, lifting my hands in Praise to the Great and Awesome God of the universe.  I need You so much, Lord.

Who touched me?  I am the One running after Jesus this morning.  Though the darkness sometime hides Him, I am running to touch His garment.  Mark 5:25-35 is the story of the woman that made her way through the crowd to touch the hem of the garment of Jesus.  As I think about this scripture, I believe that she was desperate.  Doctors had told her there was no hope for her, she had suffered with this infirmity for many years and now….The Healer was in the house and she wanted to touch Him.  As usual I am imagining her pressing forward, was she alone, were her family and friends with her?  Did she have to use all her strength to get near Him?  Did she have to hide the fact that she was sick and unclean?  What obstacles did she face as she made her way to Jesus?  I admire her tenacity, I admire the fact that her thoughts were focused, she was sick and tired of being sick.  She had heard so much about this Jesus and knew that He could heal her.  She wasn’t focused on the problem, she was focused on the answer. 

Do we think for a minute that this woman didn’t suffer resistance on the way to “touching” Jesus?  I can almost hear her as she pushed and maneuvered her way through the crowd.  It must have been loud with many people following Jesus.  Life is loud, there are so many ways that we are distracted from getting to Jesus.  So many pressures, so many voices that say, “go back”, it’s just too hard to get to your destiny.  I don’t know about You, but as long as I am on this earth, I will push my way through in order to “touch” Jesus.  I am His, He is looking for me.  He hears me somewhere out there and is listening for my cry.  He is saying to me “Daughter, your faith has healed you.  Go in peace and be free from your suffering.”  I will live and not die.  I will declare the praises of the One who loves me and died for me.  I love Him so.  Rejoice with me, believe with me.  God is not a liar that He should lie.  The enemy hates us, he will do everything possible to destroy our destiny.  I strongly, strongly, resist him and instead bow down at the feet of the One who truly loves me.  Today I am

Reminding myself of all that He has done,

Mary Ann

No comments: