Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

TUESDAY May 25, 2010

THANK YOU LORD (Dennis Jernigan)

Thank you for loving and setting me free, thank You for giving Your life just for me.  I am amazed that You love me so passionately.  For all that You have done and all that You are going to do, all that You’ve promised and all that You are is all that has carried me through.  When I think about the scripture that says that you watch over me as I sleep, I am in awe.  That you say to me “Come unto me”, that You are drawing me close to You.  Sometimes I get so busy with life that I forget to “sit with you awhile”.  The enemy of this world is constantly offering me “stuff” to draw me away from You.  I repent of the things that I put in front of my time with You.  I ask You to give me the strength today to say no to FaceBook and other distractions.  I ask You to fill my well with Living Water that I can only get from You.

“Those who look to Him are radiant, their faces are never covered with shame”.  It is so hard to comprehend the idea that I presented to you yesterday.  That we are all on “level playing fields”.  That someone who doesn’t struggle with food addictions, facebook addictions, etc can be the same as myself who does struggle with these things. All of us  are never covered with shame.  The reason that my face is never covered with shame is because my life is hidden in Christ and therefore there is no shame.  The reason that my face shines is because I am covered in the RIGHT eousness of Christ and not my own addictions and struggles.  I am so much more than what the human eye can see. 

Londyn says “I did it” all the time now.  She means “I do it” as she expresses her independence from others.  Much of that is natural and she will continue to “do it” as she grows up.  But In the spiritual world it is different.  Our natural self says “independence”, our spiritual life says “dependence”.  We are born with the draw to be independent of God in our lives.  We have to learn dependence, it doesn’t come naturally.  We learn that by “needing” Him and recognizing that we can’t “do it” alone.  As we taste and see that the Lord is good and He will never, ever fail us.  He is always there and we can depend on His loving kindness.  He desires us to come into His gates and into His courts with praise.  He will never deny our entrance.  He will stand up and say, “here is my child that I love deeply, they are allowed into my courts at all times”.  I can almost see a child playing in His palace as He conducts business.  A child that is privy to the God of the universe.  Today Lord, I will

Sit at Your feet and learn of Your ways, depending on You for everything I need

Mary Ann

No comments: