Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

WEDNESDAY May 26, 2010

SO IN LOVE (Jeremy Camp)

Steps.  When I woke up this morning, I noticed how I took off my bedroom shoes before I went to bed.  They weren’t laying side by side as usual, it looked like I was walking out of them as I took the step, far enough apart to show my step distance.  I think about taking steps as I walk out this life.  Then I thought about watching the season finale of Biggest Loser last night.  In about 5 months that man had shed over 200 pounds.  He had a quick “fix” and succeeded in something that would normally take years to do. He was a sprinter rather than a long distance runner.  Slow, step by step, should be our relationship with Christ.  Our culture is used to fast.  Fast everything.  Waiting is a dirty word to all of us.  Step by step versus leaps is not our type of thinking.  We don’t want to take steps, we want to take jet airplanes. 

If I could just sit with you awhile.  I need You to hold me, moment by moment until forever passes by.  I need to lay in Your arms and rest, not struggle to get out and run this race, FAST.  Step by step, one moment at a time.  I won’t have the final “weigh in” until I stand in Your presence.  I will run this race with patience.  My steps are ordered, the length and the breath of my steps are in Your hands.  I will not allow the pressure of this world, to run here, do this, absorb my time and direction on this earth.  I’m telling my story as I advance toward my forever home.  I might be taking two steps forward and one step backward, but I am still dancing and walking life.  I am grateful that God will hold me when I can’t walk on my own.  I will not allow the pressures of this world to cause me to run so fast that I don’t have the time to sit at Your feet, and worship You slowly.  Today I am

Sitting under His shadow quietly and at peace,

Mary Ann

No comments: